Barry Umansky and Dr. Robert Yadon of the Digital Policy Institute have put together this top 10 list of barriers to private investment in America’s broadband infrastructure:
1. Regulatory Uncertainty.
2. Limited Opportunities to Expand Wireless Network Capacity.
3. Spectrum Scarcity.
4. State of the Economy.
5. Government Failing to Join the IP Revolution.
6. Overlapping and Arcane Anti-Trust Reviews.
7. Regulatory Incrementalism.
8. Failing to Learn From Recent Experience.
9. Outdated Regulatory Mission.
10. Congressional Failure to Set a Clear Course for Broadband Policy.
For an an explanation of each barrier, head on over to Fierce Telecom.