New research from Boston Consulting Group and CTIA shows that 5G deployment will contribute upwards of $1.7 trillion to the U.S. GDP and create 4.6 million jobs over the next ten years. The direct impacts of 5G deployment, captured in manufacturing, information services, and construction, represents around 30% of the total value potential from 5G. Indirect impacts account for the remaining 70% as 5G networks evolve and enable innovation that will transform virtually every part of the economy.

The report also highlights the crucial role government plays in the rollout of 5G, showing how a delay in network infrastructure build-out or spectrum availability could amount to a $25 billion loss for every six-month delay.

Source: BCG