According to the August 5G Devices Member Report from the Global mobile Suppliers Association (GSA), as of the end of July 2020, 364 new 5G devices had been announced, up from 200 in January. The 5G phone market saw particularly strong growth, with the number of announced 5G phones more than doubling since the end of 2019 and increasing 86% over the past four months.
The report also found that by the end of July 2020, there were:
- 18 announced 5G form factors (phones, head-mounted displays, hotspots, TVs, modules, and other equipment)
- 91 vendors who had announced available or forthcoming 5G devices
- 162 commercially available 5G devices
- 113 commercially available 5G phones
- 94 CPE (customer premises equipment) devices